NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS RELATING TO REPAIR OF GOODS
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.If the goods presented for repair are capable of retaining user-generated data, repair of the goods may result in loss of the data. User-generated data includes but is not limited to:
Files stored on a computer hard drive;
Files stored on an apparatus’ hard disk or other memory mechanism;
Songs stored on a portable media player;
Games saved on a games console;
Files stored on a USB memory stick.
NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS RELATING TO WARRANTY
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
General Warranty Period - 12 months
Unless specifically varied or excluded below, all Electric Factory electronic products are warranted against faulty design and defects in materials and workmanship for 12 months from the date of sale to the end customer by the reseller.
This warranty is not transferable to a subsequent Purchaser if the products are sold by the original end customer during the warranty period. If a defect appears in an Electric Factory distributed products’ design, manufacture or assembly before the end of the warranty period and Electric Factory finds the product to be defective in materials or workmanship, Electric Factory will, in its sole discretion, either:
- replace or repair the product or the defective part of the product free of charge; or
- cause the product or the defective part of the product to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer free of charge.
Electric Factory reserves the right to replace defective parts of the product with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Exceptions & Variations; Valves - 90 Days
When Valves (Vacuum Tubes) are used as components within equipment the warranty on the actual Valve, as well as any damage to the equipment resulting from Valve failure is limited to 90 days.
This does not effect the actual equipment which carries our normal warranty of 12 months unless otherwise noted.
The Warranty will not apply where:
- the product has been repaired, installed, altered or modified by someone other than Electric Factory or an authorised Electric Factory agent;
- the alleged defect in the product is within acceptable industry variances;
- Electronic Factory cannot establish any fault in the product after testing and inspection;
- the product has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- the defect in the product has arisen due to the customer's failure to properly use, operate and maintain the product in accordance with Electric Factory's instructions, recommendations or specifications;
- the product has been subject to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- the defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident; or
- unauthorised parts or accessories have been used on or in relation to the product.
The warranty does not extend to damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear.
Unless specifically advised, the general Electric Factory warranty applies to the hardware component of our products and systems only. When a product requires ‚software drivers to permit it to meet its published specification our warranty is extended to include support for these drivers in respect of the version of the Microsoft or Apple Computer operating system, as appropriate, at the time of the products manufacture. Although many products may also include bundled software of the LE, light or limited functionality variety support of this software is not included. Customers should refer directly to the software company's website for advice and assistance. Electronic Factory makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty. The repair or replacement of the product or part of the product is the absolute limit of Electric Factory's liability under this express warranty.
Warranty Claims and Repairs
If a fault covered by warranty occurs, the customer must first contact the reseller from whom the product was purchased.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase; and full details of the alleged defect.
- The customer must make the product available to Electric Factory or its authorised repair agent for inspection and testing. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the product, then the customer must pay Electric Factory's usual costs of service work, testing and evaluation.
- If any transport of the product or part of the product is required in order for Electric Factory or its authorised repair agent to inspect, test, repair or replace the Goods then the customer must bear the cost of the transport and all insurance to get the product to Electric Factory or their nominated repair agent,
- Electric Factory will bear the cost of freight and insurance on the return journey