PRODUCT CODE: 62/MUDGUARD
PRODUCT BRAND: Auralex
Auralex’s V2 redesign of the popular Mudguard Microphone Isolator uses a unique, proprietary, convex design that diverts internal shell reflections from entering the microphone - offering unequalled performance amongst it’s competitors (mic shields with flat or concave designs have a tendency to focus energy toward the microphone, causing undesirable colouration via reflections entering the microphone).
- Convex technology redirects internal sound energy away from the microphone
- Solid shell reduces external noise while filtering unwanted overtones
- Uses Auralex Studiofoam for maximum absorption performance
- Doesn’t focus acoustic energy within the mic shield into the microphone
- Minimizes excessive room ambience and off-axis sound
- Blocks acoustic energy from room and allows acoustic energy within the mic shield to leave
- Mounts easily to most microphone stands
Maximum isolation is achieved by the patent pending, multi-radii convex shape of the MudGuard V2 which directs unwanted and off-axis acoustic energy away from the microphone. The solid, non-perforated back of the Mudguard V2 blocks reflected sound from the recording environment to the microphone.
The included hardware allows the MudGuard v2 to easily mount to most microphone stands and allows the user the flexibility to adjust the microphone proximity.
The MudGuard v2 has dimensions of 40cm wide x 25cm deep x 35cm tall and weighs
Auralex Testing Observations:
Placing the mic approximately one third of the way into the MudGuard will achieve a nice, even balance between the reduction of room sound and the natural sound of the mic without phasing.
Placing the mic further into the MudGuard will increase the absorptive effect of the Studiofoam lining - resulting in a drier and darker representation of the vocals due to a reduction in the upper mids and higher frequencies, making the lower mids more apparent.
Adjust to taste.
SHIPPING WEIGHT: 1.90kg